We could have probably spent another day in Las Vegas but it all came to an end around midday when we headed for the airport. I went across to the shops (again) because we had to get some breakfast:) They have makeup brands etc soooo cheap here, so I have stocked up (a little, probably more in San Francisco before we head home).
Over the past 3 days we did a bit of shopping in Las Vegas (of course) and went downstairs in the hotel to weigh our bags to make sure they weren't overweight (23 KG each). We weighed Ian's bag and he turned to me in disgust and said 45 KG! I responded in disbelief because we left Sydney at 13 KG and 10 KG. I then put my bag on and Ian again said it was the same as his. When we took a closer look, we realised that the scales were in pounds and not kilos, so we were still underweight! So after that little heart-stopper, we headed for the airport.
The flight left and arrived on time which was great. We picked up the car and I made a smarty pants comment about hiring an Avis car and we're Avis' and got an upgrade. It appeas that smarty pants get on here! We have a Chevy Impala which is great in a way because our luggage fits in the boot. We got a little lost on our way to the hotel, but got here eventually. Thankfully we did get a GPS and for once, Ian didn't argue with it.
We had our first WOW moment on the way to the hotel tonight when we saw the mountains behind Calgary. It reminded us of New Zealand when everywhere we turned, we both just said WOW! Anyway, more WOW moments to come ... with pics too I'm sure (bet you can't wait)
We had dinner in the bar/bistro here at the hotel and the food was good. We asked if we could take a glass of wine back to our room (no minibar here) and she told us to sneak the glasses from our table to our room - which we did, but they're still sitting here in our room empty. Oh well, we probably don't need another wine anyway. I'm now drinking a bottle of water, and Ian a coffee. Maybe a nice wine in Lake Louise tomorrow night.
Tomorrow we head for Lake Louise!
No comments:
Post a Comment