19 May 2013

Day 6 ~ Calgary to Lake Louise via Banff

What a beautiful country this is.  Fantastic scenery and great roads and strangely slower paced and quieter than Las Vegas if you can believe that!

We left Calgary around 10 am headed for Banff (around 1.5 hours).  Unfortunately, today has been overcast and rained for most of the day so has hindered some of our mountain views, but I'm guessing we'll see plenty of amazing mountain views and lakes over the next few days.

Ian has been doing a great job of driving and I've only had to remind him once or twice that "we're not in Kansas anymore" and they drive on the wrong side of the road.  All I can say is that it's lucky I'm not driving because I doubt we would have made it here!

Our Car!



We headed to Lake Louise after trying to find a place to park to wander around Banff village, but we think it was so crowded because it's still Sunday here. Thought we may try that again tomorrow as there seems to be more to do in Banff, but Lake Louise is beautiful and quiet.  We have enormous snowcapped mountains just outside our windows, right in front of us ... beautiful!

This is the view from our room ... the following day when it was actually sunny.


Lake Louse is still frozen but spectacular, even with the overcast rainy conditions so I can only imagine how it looks on a good day.  Hopefully tomorrow will be a little better weather wise and so we can get some better pictures.

Views of Lake Louise



There's still a fair bit of snow around but thankfully not on the roads so that's good.

2 comments:

  1. yeah, i know... Ian bought so much luggge tht it wouldnt fit in a convertible:)

    ReplyDelete