![]() |
| Banff Springs Resort |
![]() |
| Banff Springs Resort |
Which brings me to the size of their meals. It seems that I almost insult them at every meal because I can't even finish half of it! The food so far is really good but way to much. I should have taken a photo of the Caesar Salad I had at Las Vegas airport. I would call it a platter rather than a plate and I probably would have had less than 1/4. The poor "server" (as they're called here) couldn't believe that I had finished, maybe I should have said I needed to rush to my flight.
Anyway, I digress from today. We had a light lunch at the Banff Springs Resort which was probably the worst meal I've had since I've been away (excluding the plane I guess) and it was only a sandwich. It cost us $30 for 2 sandwiches and 2 bottles of water - ripped off big time, should have stayed in the village and eaten at Phil's, I'm sure it would have been great food at reasonable prices:)
We went back to Lake Louise to see if we could get some pics with sun in them (or at least without rain), but I think that both of us preferred the rainy ones that I posted yesterday. We went and had an early dinner at the Chateau Lake Louise, the other main resort here (also expensive) but quite picturesque in front of the lake, which I think I mentioned yesterday is still mostly frozen. What I did omit from yesterday's blog was that when we got to the lake yesterday, there were 2 youngsters who appeared to be ready for a dip in the lake. They actually did go into the lake in the small part that's not frozen. Ian said last night that the lake doesn't get above 5 degrees Celsius all year. They didn't stay in all that long and he seemed to be the one who screamed the loudest (not sure why that would be). Oh to be young again.
![]() |
| Lake Louise - "without rain" |
Raven that Regularly Visits our Chalet
And that brings me to taking selfies. For those of you who don't know what a selfie is, it's when you hold the camera in front of you and take a photo of yourself instead of asking some lovely passer by to take the photo. Ian and I decided this morning that it was a great idea to take a selfie of us on our balcony with the mountains behind us. What happened next (after 3 takes) is below. A warning to those over 30 ... let's just leave it to the youngsters ... the lense isn't as that kind to us over 40s up close and personal. It the photo below doesn't convince you, then I can offer no more help!With that wisdom, I will leave you until we meet again in Jasper tomorrow night.





No comments:
Post a Comment