27 May 2013

Day 14 ~ Vancouver to San Francisco

No photos today sorry!!  We've left Vancouver and Canada behind today and returned to the US.  Our flight was delayed twice due to fog in San Francisco so all up, we were delayed around 2 1/2 hours which wasn't so bad except that we got up so early to get the flight.  Anyway, we arrived in San Francisco around lunchtime which was great. We are staying at the Donatello Hotel which is just a stones throw from Union Square.  The hotel (compared to what we've had over the past few days) is huge which means we can actually move around the room without tripping over our bags or shoes:)

The hotel staff are lovely and helpful.  I think the lady at the tour desk has a thing for Ian, but she is only human!  We had a bit of a walk around Union Square and went into Macy's ... I have never seen so many handbags or choices in clothing in one place before.  I think that I was a little overwhelmed (please don't judge)!  Anyway, I'll head back tomorrow with a good night's sleep and a whole new outlook.

Have just had dinner at a place called Lefty O'Dules and it was great!  Very pub like, cheap and almost cheerful (the staff are not cheery or helpful, but they throw food on your plate with amazing prowess).  Strangely, it was just what we were looking for.

Other than Las Vegas, the weather has been reasonably cool here and difficult to find warm clothes seeing they're heading into Summer.  I feel like I've been wearing the same things since I got here ... luckily nobody knows me, and thankfully I got some beautifully comfortable shoes (something I'm really not used to:))

Looking forward to a good night's sleep tonight.  More of our adventures tomorrow.

Love to all xo

3 comments:

  1. You HAVE to go and have clam chowder in a cob bread bowl at Boudin's Bakery at Fisherman's Wharf. It is spectacular. They do a nice Californian champagne too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Obviously the Champagne sounds great but anythin seafood doesn't sound so great to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah. Oh well. Ian can have clam chowder while you're down the road buying some Hooters T-Shirts. Actually Ian won't want to miss Hooters either. The staff there are quite... special. :)

    ReplyDelete