We arrived in Boston late yesterday afternoon and we both love this place. It is indeed slower paced (as we had hoped) than NYC. Another obvious difference is that you can actually smell gardens here.
We walked into the city stepping momentarily into the Common (beautiful). Loads of squirrels who come running to you, obviously they get fed but we were a disappointment. We then headed to Macy's which is so small by NYC standards!
We did get a good night's sleep and we had a light breakfast here at the guest house before we left for the day. I would say that the highlight of the day was enjoying a drink in the "Cheers" bar. We both loved that show and so it was great to find it in Beacon St and it was just how we imagined. It was a great trip down memory lane and we sat just next to the corner where Norm sat. Although we walked through the gift shop we didn't actually buy anything.
We headed next to the Copley Square shopping Centre but it looked a little our of our price range ($900 for shoes). We then ended up at the shopping Centre just opposite us. This was definitely more in our price range.
We decided a more low-key dinner was on the cards tonight so we went to 5 Napkins Burger place. I think it will stay with me for a while ... But it was a good burger!
Tomorrow is the Freedom Trail, although Ian keeps telling me "it' a long walk", I think he forgets, I just walked NYC ... And I think it will be nicer than that!
No comments:
Post a Comment