16 September 2016

Day 18 - Toronto

Toronto!  Well, just like the lady at the train station said yesterday ... It's just another big city ... And it  is I guess, but it is Canada:)

We get a full-cooked breakfast here so, that's just what we decided to have before we ventured out.    Unfortunately here, there is no kettle to have a cuppa (😢) nor is there anywhere that seems capable of serving a good tea or coffee.

Anyway, it is almost a month since we left home and I think we're both a little over trying to find a good coffee, food, anything that you think you can safely put in your mouth.

We had a nice dinner at at typical American BBQ restaurant - more food than you can ever imagine bout it was good (what we could eat);

From what we've seen of Toronto, Montreal is our favorite Canadian destination so far.  Toronto is great but more busy and definitely more modern than Montreal.  Montreal is sooooo laid back it's great👌😊

I am starting to look forward to home!  I've been living in the same clothes for so long, I think I'll start singing the opening theme from Oliver soon.  I haven't worn anything but sneakers since I left AUS (neither has Ian).  I haven't worn high-heels (neither has Ian) for the last 4 week.  I tried some on today and I nearly fell over (I won't say what Ian's experience was)!  I do feel somewhat "bogan" but know that it will be all too soon before I'm back in the swing of things.

Up early tomorrow for the Niagara Falls!  Looking forward to that experience.  Should have some great photos to share of that experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment