Although the Freedom Trail is only supposed to be 4 KM, I swear it was 40 KM! It was a great experience and saw some great sights but in the heat, it does feel like it's longer than it really is.
We started the day by having breakfast at a place I found on Trip Advisor - Dig Inn! Sadly, although the coffee was good, the service was a little less than impressive. Something that I've found a lot here on the Eastern side of the country. My memory is that they could never do enough for you, but that was on the West Coast where they are probably a little more laid back. I'll be interested to compare once we get to Las Vegas and back to San Fran in another week or so.
Anyway, got some more great photos and at one stage it looked like the heavens were going to open up, but thankfully, the rain didn't eventuate and it was a hot day (particularly when you're walking). What I do appreciate here, is that the Americans love their history and monuments.
Observation: Regardless of the heat, nobody wears hats here! Kids in playgrounds don'g wear hats! I have been through some pretty intense heat here without a hat (occasionally sunscreen) but no sunburn like we get at home. Amazing!
We do love Boston and after NYC, it has been a refreshing change. Beautiful gardens and parks everywhere so will definitely be back.
Looking forward to getting to Canada tomorrow. We both love Canada and have vowed to have a day or two rest before we take on anymore walking. Weather still looks OK so I'm hoping it will still be kind to us.
Back when we were kids, no one wore hats either.I don't think our dad ever wore a hat? It was only when I started going to the beach constantly in Sydney in my 20s that I bought a hat to wear in the sun.
ReplyDelete