It was a nicer day today (weather wise) than initially predicted but we still stuck with the shopping plan. We headed towards Macy's (probably 5-6 KM away from our hotel and had coffee, fruit and a muffin for breakfast (today became our bad food day).
Many of the shops had 40% off today because it's Labour Day weekend ... I love Labour Day weekend:).
We went to The Wayfarer on 57th st, one recommended by Helen & Mark. Food was great also and we shared a Cherry Pie for dessert ... It was fantastic! I've always wanted to have some cherry pie:)
We haven't been doing much at night because we're both stuffed after the heat and walking. Will still try to get to a show tomorrow or Monday but there's still so much to see and only 2 days left. Pat Waters will be in NYC on Monday so will try to catch-up with him also. He is mostly living in LA but travels here occasionally so it will be good to catch-up if we can.
NYC is a crazy place and it really doesn't stop, there are horns, sirens and traffic noises all night long. We just got into the lift with a young guy about Django's age and I asked him where he was from, and he said North Carolina. I asked if he liked living there and his response was "it's much quieter there". Now that wouldn't be hard.
We think off to Central Park and the Guggenheim tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment