14 September 2016

Day 16 - Montreal (Last Day)

I don't think I've mentioned so far that whenever we sit to eat outside, we are joined by one or more bees (well, I actually think they're wasps).  Today for lunch, we ended-up with 4 of them, and one landing in my drink😩. We then moved inside to get away from them ... thankfully there were other customers outside so they didn't decide to follow us.  I have honestly never seen so many bees as I have here and with my allergy to them, I really didn't enjoy their company.

Today has been a final walk around our favorite part of Montreal, the old part.  It is another beautiful day, probably high 20s again and seems that we'll have similar weather for the rest of the week.

We head-off to Toronto tomorrow, a 5 hr train trip.  We're really looking forward to it.  It will be nice to put our feet up again for the day.  We don't get into Toronto until a little after 4 tomorrow afternoon.

We have booked a trip to Niagara Falls on Friday.  Seems to be a pretty nice day so thought it might be the best day to do it.  It's about 1.5 hrs from Toronto.  We have 3 days in Toronto before flying out to Las Vegas on Sunday.

I don't think we've seen all the things there are to see in Montreal, but both of us needed a well earned break after the cracking pace of the first couple of weeks away.  Montreal is one of those places where you feel like you can do as much or as little as you like.  So much more easy paced than the US and far more friendly people.



No comments:

Post a Comment