Soooooo - who is the tight-ass Avis ... Well that would be meš As Ian has over tipped - I under-tipped our cab driver today after negotiating traffic that I have never experienced before and throw in torrential rain to boot. Anyway - we found the Rockerfeller Centre (which made me feel happy) and it gave me a renewed appreciation for what Bill and Joan did some 50 years ago. Amazingly the ice skating rink turns into a "Summer Cafe & Bar" so without wanting to disappoint ... I had a wine to compensate for my poor tippingš
We went for a walk and found Time Square pretty easily and it is as crazy as it looks on TV. Video billboards, people dressed-up in Holywood/ Disney costumes so they can fleece the tourists by taking photos with them. There are other scams that go on there too but so far, we've been wise to them. They have hop-on hop-off busses here too but by the time they get through traffic, you'd hardly get to the first attraction so we walk everywhere.
Tomorrow looks like a pretty good day weather wise so will probably do sightseeing rather than shopping (no judging please - I'm trying to be mature here) - will keep you posted!
I thought the hop on / hop off buses were pretty good actually, and you get to see all the way from Harlem down to the bottom bit. That would one long hard walk, that's for sure! And you get the quite nice guides to tell you what you're looking at. But only do it if the roof is off because the perspex is cloudy and you can't really see through it properly.
ReplyDeleteGreat tip! Any reason you know of that would stop my photos from working on blogger?
Delete